Modernmoonman. Science Fiction book reviews.

Science Fiction Book Reviews and Stuff...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Death of the Human Torch


                                          Marvel Comics killed off the Human Torch this month...

 

Human Torch R.I.P. 2011...When I was into the torch he looked like this...:

...in 1975.  Fighting a character Annihilus in the Negative Zone...a 70's reprint of Jack Kirby art at it's 60's  high point... Good times.  I haven't really read the Fantastic Four comic since 1980, when I was 12, but I was glad to know that this fictional character was out there somewhere...and when the movie "The Ice Storm" was released, and they had that scene where the kid reads comics, specifically Fantastic Four comics, about the Negative Zone...yeah, I was RIGHT THERE...

so, Damn, ...the Torch died protecting earth from the hoardes of Annihilus in the Negative Zone...just like 1975, ...R.I.P.. Johnny Storm !....

Of course, the first printing of the comic sold out in minutes and can now be found on ebay for $20.00 a pop...
Smell the flames, feel the fire; another childhood hero made outta myth bites the dust; my childhood lies smoking and smoldering on a corner of the negative zone and for what....my childhood deserves better.
Flame On! Oh, and Marvel, you suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment